When you, a Primary Contact, Company Administrator and User Administrator, assign the "Web User" user role, you have two additional permission options that are available for selection. These roles determine the type of permissions the new user will have when accessing the TFNRegistry™ (tfnregistry.somos.com) and the Somos® Portal Website (portal.somos.com). If the user needs additional permissions, please select one or both of the following permission options:
- Special Approver: Select this option if the new user will need permissions to submit Somos Requests. Selecting this option along with the "Web User Only" will provide the new user with permissions to submit Somos Requests and will not create a billable user. Unselecting the "Web User Only" option and selecting this option will provide the new user with permissions to submit Somos requests, allow access to the TFNRegistry, and create a billable user.
- User Admin: Select this option if the new user will need permissions to create and view other users for their Resp Org's Entity on the Somos Portal Website. Selecting this option along with the "Web User Only" will provide the new user with the permissions to create other web users. Unselected "Web User Only" will allow this user to have billable permissions for themselves; however, they are unable to issue billable permissions to any users they create. In order to be able to create and issue billable permissions, the user must be a "Company Admin" user role.
Please Note: As of November 6, 2022, the Resp Org Change (ROC) System has successfully migrated into the TFNRegistry and there are no longer roles called "ROC Admin and ROC User" (also known as ROC permissions). To add the user's ROC permissions, please also submit a "Special Request" which is available in the "Submit Requests" section. Once the request has been displayed, please provide the following in the request's description:
- User's First and Last Name: [Jane Doe]
- User's Login ID: [ZATSTXXX]
- Environment: [Sandbox and/or Production TFNRegistry]
- Action: Add ROC System Access
- Required statement: I am aware that by submitting this Special Request, it will grant the ROC System access for this user and it will not add a User Profile(s) with Somos. If needed, I will be submitting (or I have submitted) a new or updated User Profile(s) for them.
If you need to add ROC System access from more than one user, you may attach a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file with the information listed above in one Special Request.
For more information on how to get started with the ROC System, please click here.
In the "Website Permissions" page for the Web User role, if you selected the Special Approver checkbox then the Website Permissions page is extended to assign submit request permissions. The user can be assigned permission to allow all or some of the following request permissions:
- Mass Change Request (Resp Org only)
- Enhancement Request
- Resp Org Change Help Desk Intervention (Resp Org only)
- Carrier Administration (Resp Org only)
- Threshold Level Class (TLC) Override Request (SCP O/O only)
- Mass Calling Thresholds (MAS) Request (SCP O/O only)
- Operating Company Number (OCN) Administration (Resp Org only)
- Manage My Company Information
- Manage Primary Contact
- Billing Contact Profile
- Special Request
- Special Number Change Request (Resp Org only)
- Manage Resp Org/SCP ID(s)
- RAC/RDC Administration (Resp Org only)
- Unsolicited Messages (Resp Org only)
- SCP Network Connection Request (SCP O/O only)
To add specific request permissions, select the Resp Org ID(s) in the drop down menu to the right of the "Select Resp Org ID:" field name in order to give the user access permissions to submit requests for all or specified Resp Org IDs. Next, select the name of the request in the "Available Permissions" box and use the "To Right" button to move the specific request to the "Assigned Permissions" box.
To remove specific request permissions, select the name of the request in the "Assigned Permissions" box and use the "To Left" button to move it to the "Available Permissions" box. To add or remove all requests, select the "All to Left" or "All to Right" buttons. If the "Select Resp Org ID" field is set to a specific Resp Org ID, select the "Save" button to save the permissions before changing the drop down menu to a new Resp Org ID. After all necessary changes on the user profile have been made, select the "Save" button to save the changes to the profile. Once all changes have been made to the user profile, select the "Submit" button to complete the request.
After the additional permissions have been selected, the User Type can be defined for the user. The "Web User Only" User Type is the default permission which provides access to the Somos Portal Website only. By selecting this option, your company will not be billed for the creation of the new user.
If the user requires application access, please change the User Type from "Web User Only" to "Billable" by unchecking the "Web User Only" option and the new user will be changed to user with billable permissions.
Note: Creating a user with a Billable type of access will render a charge on your next invoice. Please acknowledge that "I understand that an additional tariff fee will be applied for the creation or the reactivation of each Login ID" by placing a check box in the box to the left of this field on Step 2 (Website Permissions) of the User Profile. This acknowledgement is mandatory for a new or a re-activation of a User Profile if the “Billable” checkbox has been selected. If this option is left unchecked, then no Billable changes are applied to the User Profile.
Once the User Role and User Type options are selected, you may select the "Submit" or "Continue" button located at the bottom of the page. The "Submit" button will be available when the "Web User Only" option is selected. When selecting the "Submit" button, a window alert will appear offering the ability to configure the notification profile for the new user. When the "Billable" option is selected, the "Continue" button will be available. Selecting the "Continue" button will bring the Primary Contact, Company Administrator or User Administrator to proceed to Step 3 of this request, "Application Access".