A label that uniquely identifies a geographic area by Area Code(s) within the North American Numbering Plan (NANP). This is a label that contains the Area Code definitions. To create a new Area Code Label, enter all required fields (Area Code label name and Area Code value(s)) and then select either the “Save” or “Submit” button. By selecting the “Save” button, the TFNRegistry™ records the information, but does not validate or process the Template Record (TAD) (also known as a TR). By selecting the “Submit” button, the TFNRegistry will process the TR based on the provided data.
Add a Label Definition(s) to a Label Type
- Enter a new Label name and Area Codes in the corresponding fields.
- Once you enter the Area Code in the valid format separated by commas and click anywhere on the page, the Area Codes will be auto-formatted with a “Close” icon next to each item. You can select the “Close” icon to remove the Area Codes in valid format.
- When the Area Codes is in invalid format, a “Close” icon will be displayed with an error message below the text box. You must select the “Close” icon to remove the Area Codes in invalid format.
- Select the “Delete” icon to delete the Label.
Add Multiple Labels to a Label Type
- Select the “Add” icon at the top right of the page.
- A new Area Code text box will be displayed. Enter the values in the corresponding fields.
- Select the “Delete” icon to delete the previously added Area Code.
- Once the Area Code Label has been added, you can select the arrow sign (>) to the right of Label to expand the section and view the details of the Label.
For more information on LAD fields, their descriptions and valid values, please click here, or here for more information on how to retrieve a TR.
Learn more about this topic in the following video!
Disclaimer: This video is intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only. Pages shown in the video may differ slightly from the Production Environment.