Submit a Resp Org Change to the Help Desk for Processing: This is only available if you have permissions to submit the Resp Org Change Help Desk Intervention (ROC HDI) (also known as HDR) request. This means that you have been designated as Special Approver (SA) user type on your User Profile in the Somos Portal Website. Primary Contacts and Company Administrators of Resp Orgs automatically are granted the SA permission. If you do try to submit the Outgoing ROC request and you do not have the appropriate permissions, you will receive an error when attempting to submit the request. If you require the SA permission, please contact your Primary Contact and/or Company Administrator(s) for further assistance. If you are a Resp Org Primary Contact or Company Administrator and you need more information on how to grant this permission, please click here. The updates made to the user's profile within the Somos Portal Website are instantaneous. Any updates made to the user's profile on Step 1 or Step 2 within the Somos Portal Website are instantaneous. However, only the email address will be updated in the TFNRegistry™ (tfnregistry.somos.com) which will be instantaneous. To resubmit the request to the Help Desk, select the “Submit a Resp Org Change to the Help Desk for Processing” option and then select the “Resubmit” button. For more information how to resubmit an Outgoing ROC request to another Resp Org, please click here. A new HDR request page will be displayed with all fields pre-populated based on the original request.
On the HDR page, read and review the Letter of Agency (LOA) Verification method information section. The Submitting Resp Org has authorization from the Toll-Free Subscriber of this/these number(s) to request the ROC. A copy of the Toll-Free Subscriber’s LOA is attached. The Help Desk is authorized, via this submitted ROC request; to provide a copy of the Toll-Free Subscriber’s signed LOA and the ROC HDI request to the Controlling Resp Org. Check all appropriate verification methods (at least one method must be checked).
Only if the Controlling (current, old) Resp Org ID ended in 99, select the “I am aware that… 99 is a unique Resp Org ID and warrants special verification procedures per the Industry Guidelines for the Toll Free Number Administration (see section 3.2.7). Please be advised that the current Resp Org will receive an email and a phone call from the Help Desk immediately after the release has been completed.” checkbox to indicate the following:
The following are Help Desk requirements when submitting a ROC request:
- Only a TFN(s) with the status Expired, Declined (Except decline reason codes 21 - This TFN belongs to a Port Restricted Resp Org and 22 - TFN is already in control by your organization) or Overdue can be included in such request.
- TFN controlled by XXX99 Resp Org can also be included in such requests.
- There is a tariff fee associated with each TFN submitted to the Help Desk for processing. Please review the TFNRegistry™ Functions Tariff for the current rates.
- Only a Resp Org's Primary Contact, Company Admin(s) and/or a user with SA with permissions to the HDI request will be able to submit the ROC request to the Help Desk for processing. If you do not have this permission, you will receive an error message, “Permission Denied. No permissions to perform the operation for the requested Resp Org Unit.” when attempting to submit the ROC request to the Help Desk for processing. If you require this permission, please contact your Primary Contact and/or Company Administrator(s) for further assistance.
- You can also remove the TFNs from Help Desk processing by removing the TFNs listed in the textbox or by using “Download” option and “Upload” option.
- At least one option from LOA verification method must be selected. For more information regarding the Help Desk's LOA requirements, please click here.
- Please Note: The LOA cannot be editable when uploaded and attached to a HDR.
You must read the LOA Verification Method and select any of the applicable option(s) as per the request. The "Submit" button will be enabled only when a LOA Verification Method is selected. Select the Emergency Resp Org Change or Non - Emergency Resp Org Change option. If “Emergency Resp Org Change” is selected, then “Effective Date” field is populated with current date. Otherwise, select a date within a period of 30 days in the future. A list of TFNs to be escalated will also be displayed.
You can download a list of TFNs in an Excel workbook (.csv, .xls, .xlsx) file by selecting the “Download" icon. Once you have selected the "Download" icon, a pop-up with CSV, XLS, and XLSX buttons will be displayed. When you select any one of the options, an Excel workbook with selected format will be downloaded on your device. You can view the Toll-Free Number and Resp Org ID in the downloaded Excel workbook. You can open the Excel workbook, update a TFN(s) and then upload the file by selecting the “Upload” icon.
The HDR page also gives you an option to search and upload additional documents from your device using the "Browse" button, if not uploaded previously. It also allows you to add document tile and/or description to the uploaded documents in the Other Documentation section, if not added previously.
By selecting the “Cancel” button, this will cancel the re-submission process to the Help Desk. Selecting the “Submit” button will display a “Help Desk Intervention Request Submitted Successfully” message. For more information about these buttons, please click here.
Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.