You must reset the password when it expires. If you attempts to log into the TFNRegistry with an expired password, you will be notified that the password has expired and it will prompt you to change the password. A pop-up message will be displayed to set a new password. After you have set a new password, you can then choose to enter the 6-digit verification code from your third-party application on your mobile device or select the “Send an email instead” option as a second layer of authentication. The “Send an email instead” option is displayed on the second MFA page as a link once the MFA setup process has been completed.
Enter 6-digit code
- On the TFNRegistry Login page, you must enter their Login ID, password and then select the “Login” button.
- On the MFA pop-up window, enter the 6-digit verification code from the third-party application on their mobile device in the corresponding field and then select the “Verify” button.
Send email for verification code
- By selecting the “Send an email instead” option, a pop-up message will be displayed confirming that the email has been sent to you.
- You can select the “OK” button to close the pop-up window.
- A confirmation email message will be sent to your designated email address saved in the User Profiles (SUD) page. If the confirmation email message was not received by you and/or it was sent to an incorrect email address for you, please contact the Help Desk at 844.HEY.SOMOS (844.439.7666), Option 1 for assistance.
- You must open the “Your One-time Login Code” email message from the TFNRegistry and note the verification code.
- Enter the verification code in the corresponding field on the MFA page and then, select the “Verify” button.
- The TFNRegistry Landing page will be displayed.
MFA login after password expired
- After the verification code has been entered, a Password Expired pop-up window will be displayed. You must enter the Old Password, New Password, and Confirm New Password and then, select the “Submit” button.
- For more information on password rules, please click here or here for forgot password steps, reset a password and more!
- Once the new password information has been submitted, the TFNRegistry Landing page will be displayed.
Learn more about this topic in the following video!
Disclaimer: This video is intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only. Pages shown in the video may differ slightly from the Production Environment.