A TFNRegistry™ (tfnregistry.somos.com) Administrator uses the LATA to CCS Network Mapping (LCN) page to establish LATA to Common Channel Signaling (CCS) Network mapping. The TFNRegistry maintains LCN data to determine which CCS Networks and their Service Control Points (SCPs) will receive Customer Records (CADs) (also known as CRs) for a specified LATA as the Areas of Service (AOS).
The TFNRegistry supports the following statuses for the LCN page:
- Pending: This shall be the initial status when the record is successfully created in the LCN table with a future Effective Date. Pending records may be deleted prior to their Effective Date.
- Active: This status shall be set when the respective a pending LCN table record’s Effective, Date and Time is reached.
- Old: This status shall be set when an Active record is replaced by a former Pending record on its Effective Date. The Old record shall then be purged as part of the automated jobs which will remove the information completely based on number of days in the configured parameter. Also, status of previously Active record must be changed to Old when the status of Pending-Disconnect record becomes Disconnect.
- Disconnect: An Active record has been disconnected, effectively removing the Active mapping as of the Effective Date. An Active record can be disconnected by replacing with an empty Disconnect record on the Effective Date. The prior Active record becomes Disconnect and can later be purged from the database.
- Pending-Disconnect: When an Active record is disconnected with Effective Date, then it moves to Pending-Disconnect state till it reaches Effective Date. After reaching given Effective Date then record moves to Disconnect status.
To access the LCN page, from the Landing page or from any page, you can select the Menu icon (in the upper left corner), the "Network and SCP Administration" menu item and then the "LATA to CCS Network Mapping (LCN)" sub-menu item. Once the "LATA to CCS Network Mapping (LCN)" sub-menu item has been selected, the sub-menu item will be highlighted and the LCN page will be displayed. You can retrieve that LATA data via the “List” icon or via the following 2 ways:
Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.
For more information on the LCN page's fields, their descriptions and their valid values, please click here.