As of June 5, 2022, in order to generate (create) an API Key, you must first set up and enable the MFA for their Login ID by selecting the “Set Up MFA” button in the “Multi-Factor Authentication” section on the User Control (URC) page in the TFNRegistry™ (tfnregistry.somos.com) UI. After you have set up MFA, you will have the ability to manage your API Key from the URC page.
To view the API Key
- You must navigate to the API Access Key section in the URC page.
- If you have the required permissions and have set up MFA, a “Generate New Key” button will be displayed.
Please Note: A confirmation email will be sent to you after the API Key has been set up or created for your account.
To generate the API Key
- By selecting the “Generate New Key” button, the API Key information will be displayed.
- You can view the Access Key, Access Secret, with Status as “Active” and the Expiration Date set as one year from the date of creation.
- Once the API Key has been created, you must save the API Key Access Secret in a secured location.
- If the API Key Access Secret has been lost, you must generate a new API Key again for use.
Please Note: You must save or store the API Key Access Secret in a secured location, as it will not be visible after initial creation.
Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.