The Search Criteria (“Search”) portion of the Number Search and Reserve (NUS) page is where you enter the criteria relating to a Toll-Free Number (TFN) search. The criteria that may be specified (but not all of these are required in each search) are:
- Quantity (Required): This is the number of TFN’s that user want to search. It can be between 1 and the maximum number allowed, which is currently set to 10. When you search TFN’s for more than 10, the “Search & Reserve” button will be available. However, the results will be available in the Bulk / Automation Message Center (BMC) page.
- Consecutive (Optional): This option must be selected for consecutive TFNs while performing random search.
Number or Mask Entry (Optional): This is to specify the Wildcard search criteria or a list of specific TFNs to search for. While specifying Wildcard mask to search for, you should use the same Wildcard characters as you use today. While specifying a Wildcard mask to search for, the Wildcard search criteria can include:
- Any number zero (0) through 9.
- Ampersand (&) Repeated numbers (e.g. “1&&1” equates to “1111” and “1221”, etc.).
- Asterisk (*) Random numbers (e.g. 1*1* could equal 1618).
- You can also use Alphabetic characters to define a Vanity number (e.g. 888GOPIZZA).
- Search or Search & Reserve Button (Required): You must select either the “Search” button if you want to perform a search only for numbers and have the results displayed before reserving any TFNs or the “Search & Reserve” button if you want to both search and reserve the TFNs that met the requested search criteria.
In the Advanced Search section (can be expanded by selecting the plus sign (+) or collapsed by selecting the minus sign (-)), the following advanced search criteria will be visible:
- Toll-Free NPA (Optional): This is a drop down menu that allows you to search by a specified Toll-Free NPA from an open Toll-Free NPA (800, 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, 833, etc.). This option cannot be used if a random search or a search and reserve is performed. Available TFNs (Spare TFNs) matching the search criteria with the specified NPA will be returned.
- Starting NXX (Optional): This is a text field that allows a user to enter a specific NXX (3-digit number) and search all available TFN(s) with the specified NXX as the starting point. This option cannot be used if a specific number search or a search and reserve is being performed. Available TFNs (Spare TFNs) matching the search criteria with the specified NXX will be returned.
- Starting Line (Optional): This is a text field that allows a user to enter the Starting Line number (4-digit number within the range of 0000-9999). This option cannot be used if a specific number search or a search and reserve is being performed. Available TFNs (Spare TFNs) matching the search criteria with the specified Line number as the starting point will be returned.
The following are examples of the different Wildcard search criteria for Number or Masked Entry field within the Search Criteria section of the Number Search and Reserve page.
Searching for a single TFN and searching for a single TFN using the asterisk (*) Wildcard Search Criteria.
Searching for a single TFN using a Vanity Number Search Criteria (a mix of letters and numbers).
Searching for a single TFN using the ampersand (&) wildcard search criteria.
Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.
For more information on the NUS page's fields, their descriptions and their valid values, please click here.
Learn more about this topic in the following video!
Disclaimer: This video is intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only. Pages shown in the video may differ slightly from the Production Environment.