You can view the list of Custom Views created for a particular Workbook. Creating a custom report View allows you to create a view of the dashboard with filtering from the drop down menu. The benefit of creating a custom view vs. saving a version of the report to your Entity folder is that the custom view is tied to the original report and any updates to the report will be reflected in the View (for example, additional columns, graphics, etc.). If you copy a report to your personal folder, then any changes made to the structure of the original report will not be reflected in the copy of the your folder, but the data will continue to get updated. The Reserved Number Report is used as an example below.
- Navigate to the Reserved Numbers Report.
- Set the criteria for the report: For this example, the criteria set is to display Login IDs beginning with ZATST.
- Choose the filters as per the requirement and select the “Apply” button.
- Navigate to the toolbar and select the “View Original” icon, a Custom Views pop-up will be displayed.
- Enter the Name of the view in the corresponding field and select the “Make it my default” check box to view and access the report. You can select the “Make visible to others” check box to make this view visible for the other users.
- Select the “Save” button and close the report.
- The report will be saved with the Original View as well as the new Custom View: Reserved Numbers (ZATST Resp Org ID).
- When you log in, the View set as default will be displayed. You can still view the original by opening the View box and selecting the “Original” view. Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.