The Number Admin History Report displays historical information for a Toll-Free Number. This report is available to users who have successfully logged into the Somos® Portal Website (portal.somos.com) and then navigate to the "Resources" section of the website. Additionally, this report can assist Responsible Organizations (Resp Orgs) with Toll-Free Number information such as the Number Administration status and when a Toll-Free Number was changed from one Resp Org to another Resp Org. Please Note: The Number Admin History Report is updated every 15 minutes and receives its information from the TFNRegistry™ Reporting.
How to view the Number Admin History Report
Please enter a specific Toll-Free Number by using the Dial pad or text field and select the “Go” link. The page will display Number Admin History Report results with the following fields: Toll-Free Number, Last Update, Login ID, Previous Organization, Organization, and Status. When the Number Admin History Report results are displayed, you can download the search results from the “Download Search Results” menu link.
- Toll-Free Number: The Toll-Free Number that was entered for this report.
- Last Update: The date that any history field was changed.
- Login ID: The user who last performed a history change.
- Previous Organization: The Company name of the Resp Org that previously managed the Toll-Free Number.
- Organization: The Company name of the Resp Org that currently manages the Toll-Free Number.
- Status: The Number Administration status of the Toll-Free Number. The Number Administration statuses include the following:
- Spare: A Toll-Free Number that is available for use by a customer.
- Unavailable: A Toll-Free Number that has been taken out of use.
- Reserved: This is held for future use by a customer (45 days).
- Assigned: A Toll-Free Number that is not yet Active. A Customer Record (CAD) has been built.
- Suspend: A Toll-Free Number that has been temporarily Disconnected with a future re-activation.
- Working: A Toll-Free Number that has a CAD built and has a status of Active or Sending.
- Disconnect: A Toll-Free Number whose service has been terminated. (120 days regardless of how many days are in the month.)
- Transitional: A Toll-Free Number whose service has been terminated and is past the End Intercept Date but less than 120 days.
Questions and Answers
- What type of information is available?
- The TFNRegistry Reporting stores Number Administration historical information up to 7 years. Reporting may display information older than 7 years, if no changes have been made to the Toll-Free Number during this timeframe. Therefore, the first stored historical entry maybe a Toll-Free Number in a Working or even Disconnect status.
- Why is the Company name (Organization field) empty on some Toll-Free Numbers?
- The company is no longer an Active Resp Org with Somos.
- What happens when a Company’s name changes?
- The Toll-Free Number will be listed under the same Resp Org ID and the Organization field will only show the current Company name.
If you have any questions concerning this article, please call or text the Help Desk at 844.HEY.SOMOS (844.439.7666), Option 1.