You can retrieve a Customer Record (CAD) (a CAD is also known as a CR) to download and edit the CR information and then upload a CR. The following steps are similar for a Template Record (TAD) (a TAD is also known as a TR)/ Pointer Record (PAD) (a PAD is also known as a PR) upload.
Please Note: You can download the Excel workbook once and use it as a reference template. While creating a CR, you can update all the values in the workbook as needed and upload it. On the CR page, the TFNRegistry™ will automatically populate all the values.
Download a CR before upload:
- Retrieve the CR for the Toll-Free Number (TFN).
- Select the “Download” icon available at the top of the page. A “Customer Record - xlsx” Excel workbook will be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
- Open the file, edit the values as needed and save the file.
Edit the CR information:
- When the file is open, you can view the 3 main tabs: Customer Administrative Data, Call Processing Record and Label Definitions. All the fields listed in the CR page will be displayed in the Customer Administrative Data tab, similarly with the Call Processing Record and Label Definitions tabs of the Excel workbook.
- If the CR only contains a CAD, then only the Customer Administrative Data tab will contain data in the Excel workbook. The other tabs (Call Processing Record and Label Definitions) will contain no data.
- You can edit the information as needed. All the fields marked with (*) are mandatory. Then, save the file.
Upload the CR:
- On the CR page, select the “Upload” icon.
- A pop-up window will be displayed. You must select the file from your device to upload.
- Once the file has been uploaded, a message, “File has been uploaded successfully” will be displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Select the “Submit” button to complete the upload. A message, “Customer Record Updated Successfully” will be displayed at the top of the page.
Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.
- For more information on how to create a CR, please click here. or here for more information on how to create a PR, or here for more information on how to create a TR.
- An error message will be displayed at the bottom of the page if the Excel workbook is in an incorrect format.
- Upload/Download icon will be enabled and disabled based on the CR/TR/PR status.