After the Copy Pointer Record pop-up window details have been entered and submitted, in order to disconnect a Pointer Record (PAD) (also known as a PR) either an Effective Date and Time of Now or with a future date, the PR page will be displayed where you must select the End Intercept Date and Referral.
- On the PR page, in the PR Administration Information section, enter the date to end any recorded message for callers in the End Intercept Date* field. Select the current date with “Calendar” icon. Enter today's date for an Effective Date of Now or enter a future Effective Date.
- Set the Referral field to either “Yes” or “No”:
- If the value is set to "Yes", it indicates that when someone calls this Toll-Free Number (TFN) after the Disconnect Effective Date and Time, they will receive a recorded message referring them to another TFN.
- If the value is set “No”, it indicates that when someone calls this TFN after the Disconnect Effective Date and Time, they will receive a recorded message stating that this TFN is no longer in service.
- Select the “Submit” button to place this Disconnect PR in effect at the specified date and time.
*The End Intercept Date (which can be the same date as the Effective Date of the PR or up to 120 days regardless of how many days are within a month after the Effective Date of the PR), the PR will be deleted from the SCPs. If the PR's End Intercept Date is less than 120 days after the Disconnect Effective Date of the PR, the PR will become Transitional. However, if there are future Pending PRs (e.g. to reactivate the PR with a Pending new connect), then the PR status of the disconnected PR becomes “Old”.
Please Note: The End Intercept Date must be within the Industry Guidelines standard time period which is 120 days from the Effective Date of the Disconnect PR.
For more information on the 45 day rule, please click here.
For more information on how to disconnect a PR, please click here.