The user can view the list of Custom Views created for a particular Workbook. Creating a custom report View allows the user to create a view of the dashboard with filtering from the drop down menu. The benefit of creating a custom view vs. saving a version of the report to your Entity folder is that the custom view is tied to the original report and any updates to the report will be reflected in the View (for example, additional columns, graphics, etc.). If the user copies a report to their personal folder, then any changes made to the structure of the original report will not be reflected in the copy of the user’s folder, but the data will continue to get updated. The Reserved Number Report is used as an example below.
- Navigate to the Reserved Numbers Report.
- Set the criteria for the report: For this example, the criteria set is to display Login IDs beginning with ZATST.
- Choose the filters as per the requirement and select the “Apply” button (see Figure 57 Update Report with custom criteria).
- Navigate to the toolbar and select the “View Original” icon, a Custom Views pop-up will be displayed.
- Enter the Name of the view in the corresponding field and select the “Make it my default” check box to view and access the report. The user can select the “Make visible to others” check box to make this view visible for the other users.
- Select the “Save” button and close the report (see Figure 58 Save the Custom View).
- The report will be saved with the Original View as well as the new Custom View: Reserved Numbers (ZATST Resp Org ID) (see Figure 59 Custom View Created).
- When the user logs in, the View set as default will be displayed. The user can still view the original by opening the View box and selecting the “Original” view.
Figure 57 Update Report with custom criteria
Figure 58 Save the Custom View
Figure 59 Custom View Create