API Keys are valid for one year from the date of creation. For example, if the API Key date of creation is March 31, 2022 then the date of expiration pf API Key would be March 31, 2023. The user can renew the API Key at any time until March 31, 2023, after which time the Renew option will be disabled. The user must regenerate an API Key each time to use. Alternatively, the API Key can be regenerated, which will create a new API Access Key with Access Secret or can delete API Key.
An API Key can be renewed until March 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM CT, after which time the ‘Renew’ option will not be available and the user must regenerate API Key each time. Renewing an API Key retains the existing Access Key and Access Secret. Regenerating an API Key produces a new Access Key and Access Secret.
Please Note: If the API Key is expired for the user, the only icons and options available will be to Regenerate, Delete or Renew the API Key. Only the user can perform these actions since the API Key Access Secret is the proprietary information of the user.
To view an expired API Key
- Navigate to the API Access Key section in the URC page, the user can view the Expired as status with Expiration Date and Actions options.
- This information will be disabled when the API Key expires (see Figure 16 User actions after an API Key has expired).
To renew an existing API Key
- By selecting the “Renew” icon, the Renew Existing API Key pop-up will be displayed requesting the user to confirm.
- By selecting the “Renew” button on the pop-up, the API Key will be renewed (see Figure 17 Renewal of API Key confirmation pop-up).
- Once the API Key has been renewed, the user can view the API Key status as Active and perform the Actions options (see Figure 18 API Key regenerated after expiry).
- By selecting the “Cancel” button, the pop-up will be closed.
- An API Key will expire after one year. For Example: An API Key created on March 31, 2022 will expire on March 31, 2023. It will work until March 30, 2023 at 11:59 PM CT.
- A notification mail will be sent to the user before the API key expiration date, requesting the user to renew it.
- API Keys can be renewed at any time until March 31, 2023, after which time the “Renew” option will not be enabled and the user must regenerate an API Key instead of renewing an existing one.
Figure 16 User actions after an API Key has expired
Figure 17 Renewal of API Key confirmation pop-up
Figure 18 API Key regenerated after expiry