The Service Control Point (SCP) Network Connection Request is used by SCP Owner/Operators (O/Os) users to provide information to establish, change, or disconnect a Site-to-Site VPN connection to the TFNRegistry™ (tfnregistry.somos.com) network. Please Note: There are monthly recurring charges associated with submitting this request. For current charges, please review your SCP O/O contract with Somos®.
Users can access the TFNRegistry from various types of devices including PCs, Notebooks, Tablets, and Smartphones. Additionally, the TFNRegistry is verified to work on multiple browsers including the following: Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox.
The TFNRegistry has three environments; the Production, Sandbox and/or the Disaster Recovery (DR). The Production/Sandbox TFNRegistry is located in "AWS us-east-1" and the DR TFNRegistry is located in "AWS us-west-2".
A separate copy of this request for each SCP Site-to-Site VPN connection must be completed for all desired environments and each request must be submitted by authorized users from the Somos® Portal Website (portal.somos.com) to the Help Desk. If you do not have access to this request, please contact your Primary Contact and/or Company Administrator(s) for assistance.
If you would like to continue with submitting an SCP Network Connection Request to Somos, please log into the Somos Poral Website and select the "Submit Requests" section. Once the Submit Requests page appears, please select the "SCP Network Connection Request" from the list of available requests and Step 1 of the request will be displayed, "Connection Type & Contacts". Please complete the following fields:
- The "Company Type" will be defaulted to "SCP".
- Please select one of the following options for the "Request Type" of "Add", "Update" or "Delete".
- The "Port Type" will be defaulted to "SCP".
SCP connectivity must be separate from any other Site-to-Site VPN tunnel use.
- The "Connection Type" will be defaulted to "Site-to-Site VPN".
- Please select the "Environment Authorization" of "AWS us-east-1 (Production/Sandbox)" or "AWS us-west-2 (Disaster Recovery)".
- The "Application Access" will be defaulted to "SCP".
- Please enter in your "Company Name", "SCP ID" and "Primary Contact" in the designated fields.
- When you are ready, the "Continue" button will direct you Step 2 of the request. Please complete the following fields:
- a. VPN Requestor
b. VPN Requestor Phone
c. VPN Requestor Email
d. Technical Contact
e. Technical Contact Phone
f. Technical Contact Email
g. Originating City & State
h. Firewall/VPN Appliance Type: Specify the Vendor make and model.
i. Firewall/VPN Appliance IP Address: This must be a static IP address.
j. Requestor Device IP Address(es): This must be a public IP address or subnet of public IP addresses.
k. Requested Completion Date
- a. VPN Requestor
- To proceed, please select the "Continue" button. The "Continue" button will direct you to Step 3 of this request upon completing Step 2. In Step 3 of this request, please review your submitter information. If you wish to add notes or alternate contact information regarding the Network Connection Request, please utilize the space provided. Additional documentation may also be attached to the request.
Once you have completed the request, please select the "Submit" button to send the request to the Help Desk for processing. The contacts listed in the request will be contacted by Somos support personnel to establish the connection.