To retrieve the General Notification and Approval Setup (GNA) page for a Carrier (CIC):
- On the GNA page, you, as an authorized user, can manually enter the Carrier or select the “List” icon to view the list of Carrier. The “Choose from the list” pop-up window is displayed with the list of available Carrier.
- You can either enter the full or partial desired Carrier in the search box or select the desired Carrier from the list.
- By selecting the desired Carrier from the list, the Carrier will be selected automatically in the Carrier field. You must select the “Retrieve” button to retrieve and view the Carrier information.
The Results portion of the GNA page will be displayed with the message, “General Notification & Approval Setup Retrieved Successfully” displayed at the top of the page.
It provides the following information:
- If the GNA setup already exists for the provided Carrier code, the Carrier information will be retrieved.
- If the Carrier is known to the TFNRegistry but the GNA setup does not yet exist, then you will see a pop-up menu asking if you want to create a new setup for the Carrier. If you respond with “Yes”, then the GNA page will be displayed with default values for the Carrier.
Please Note: If the Carrier is not known to the TFNRegistry, you will see an error displayed: “Carrier (CIC) XXXX is not known to SMS/800 TFN Registry (099035)”. Please call or text the Help Desk at 844.HEY.SOMOS (844.439.7666), Option 1.