The Copy function allows you to create a copy of the Customer Record (CAD) (also known as a CR) of the retrieved Source Record. This can be used for the same Toll-Free Number (TFN), or a different target TFN. You can set the Effective Date and Time of the copied record to a future date and time, or to "Now” to have it take effect immediately. When you select the “Copy” icon, a "Copy Customer Record" pop-up window is displayed.
There are 4 sections in the Copy Customer Record pop-up window: the Source Record, Target Record, Action and Copy Portions from Source. The portions to be copied from (i.e. Source Record) can be copied to the Target Record section as desired, or new information entered for the target record. The Action to be performed can be selected using radio buttons and the Copy Portions from Source allow you to select sections of the Source Record to copy: CR Basic Data, CPR and LAD. Any number of the sections can be selected, or none, by selecting the appropriate check boxes.
Steps to copy a CR:
- Access the CR page and enter the TFN or Template Name.
- Select the “Retrieve” button and view all versions of the record listed in the Effective Date/Time drop down menu.
- Select the version of the record to be copied and select the “Retrieve” button again.
- Select the “Copy” icon and the Copy Customer Record pop-up window is displayed.
- Copy or enter desired values in the Target Record section of the pop-up, noting that the TFN or Template Name and the Effective Date are required fields.
- Select the desired action.
- Select any of the Copy Portions from Source check boxes to have those sections copied to the target record.
- Select the “Submit” button.
- Update all other desired changes (if needed) in the CR page and then select the “Submit” button. By selecting the “Save” button, it will save the Target Record with the entered changes, but it will not go into effect until the “Submit” button has been selected.
Learn more about this topic in the following video!
Disclaimer: This video is intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only. Pages shown in the video may differ slightly from the Production Environment.