The Copy function allows you to create a copy of the Customer Record (CAD) (also known as a CR) of the retrieved Source Record. This can be used for the same Toll-Free Number (TFN), or a different target TFN. You can set the Effective Date and Time of the copied record to a future date and time, or to "Now” to have it take effect immediately. When you select the “Copy” icon, a "Copy Customer Record" pop-up window is displayed.
There are 4 sections in the Copy Customer Record pop-up window: the Source Record, Target Record, Action and Copy Portions from Source. The portions to be copied from (i.e. Source Record) can be copied to the Target Record section as desired, or new information entered for the target record. The Action to be performed can be selected using radio buttons and the Copy Portions from Source allow you to select sections of the Source Record to copy: CR Basic Data, CPR and LAD. Any number of the sections can be selected, or none, by selecting the appropriate check boxes.
Steps to Copy a CR:
- Access the CR page and enter the Active TFN.
- Select the “Retrieve” button and view all versions of the record listed in the Effective Date/Time drop down menu.
- Select the "Active" version of the record to be copied and select the “Retrieve” button again.
- Select the “Copy” icon and the Copy Template Record pop-up window is displayed.
- Copy or enter desired values in the Target Record section of the pop-up window, noting that the TFN or Template Name and the Effective Date are required fields. Please Note: If the check box under the "Now" option is selected, the Effective Date/Time fields are not required.
- Select the desired action. Please Note: If the record is in a Disconnected status and if the "Change" radio button is selected, it will cause a "Revised Disconnect" record and the End Intercept and Referral fields will be editable. If you are trying to re-activate it, please select the "New" radio button.
- Select any of the "Copy Portions from Source" check boxes to have those sections copied to the target record. For example, if you select the "CPR or LAD" options, those are the portions that will be copied.
- Select the “Submit” button in the Copy Template Record pop-up window. You will see a message at the top, "Copy is Pending and you must save or submit the record to complete the Copy Action". This is a reminder to select either the "Submit" or the "Save" buttons after updates (if needed) have been completed.
- Please Note: If you select the “Save” button, it will save the Target Record with the entered changes and it will also alert you of any errors in the "More Details" button (this can also be viewed in the Immediate Validation Results (IVR) page for the Target Record once saved) in the upper right corner, but it will not go into effect until the “Submit” button has been selected.
Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.
For more information on general copy rules, please click here.
For more information on when to use the "Submit, Cancel, Revert or Save" buttons, please click here.
Learn more about this topic in the following video!
Disclaimer: This video is intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only. Pages shown in the video may differ slightly from the Production Environment.