To access the Multi Conversion to Pointer Record (MCP) page from the Landing page or any page, you can select the Menu icon (in the upper left corner), the “System Automation” menu item, the “Automation Request Input (ARI)” sub-menu item and then Multi Conversion to Pointer Record (MCP) sub sub-menu item. Once the “Multi Conversion to Pointer Record (MCP)” sub sub-menu item has been selected, the MCP page will be displayed.
The MCP Request Type, which is available on the ARI page, provides you with the capability to convert Customer Records (CADs) (CADs are also known as CRs) to Pointer Records (PADs) (PADs are also known as PRs) with a common Template Name for an entire set (subject to a limit) of Toll-Free Numbers (TFNs) in a single request. These TFNs to be converted can be manually entered or uploaded in an Excel workbook.
If a CR has a Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) number as the Destination number, then it will be changed into a turn-around number (#DIAL) in the converted PR.
For the current MCP limitations, please refer to the System Parameter Handling (SPH) page. From the Menu, select the “General System Administration” menu item and then the “System Parameter Handling (SPH)” sub-menu item. Once the SPH page has been displayed, select the “General Parameters” type from the “Parameter Type” drop down menu and then select the “Retrieve” button.
On the ARI page, to complete an MCP request, you must:
- Select the “Multi Conversion to Pointer (MCP)” Request Type from the drop down menu.
- For the Toll-Free Numbers field, you can enter a list of TFNs separated by commas, copy and paste a list of TFNs in a single column or upload an Excel workbook (.xls, .xlsx, or .csv) with the list of TFNs in a single column.
- Enter a request description. This is a required field.
- Enter an email address for notification when the request has been completed. This is an optional field. If omitted, the notification for job completion will be sent to the email address in your profile and it will be available on the Bulk / Automation Message Center (BMC) page.
- Enter the Start Effective Date (MM/DD/YYYY) or select from the Calendar pop-up.
- Select the Start Effective Time (hh:mm AM/PM). This is an optional field.
- Select the Now check box, it will set the Effective Date to today and the Effective Time to the next available time. Those fields will no longer be editable while Now is selected.
- Enter a Template Name or select an active Template from the drop down list. This is a required field.
- Select the “Submit” button when ready to send the request.
- A Request ID is generated by the TFNRegistry™ when the request is submitted. It is displayed at the top of the page with “Request XXX Submitted Successfully. Notification email will be sent on request completion”. The “XXX” will be a unique Request ID number for this request that will enable you to locate the results for this request on the BMC page.
Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.
For more information on the MCP page's fields, descriptions, and their valid values, please click here, or here for more information on how to use the Acting As feature for the MCP page, or here for a Download Icon example, or here for a Print Icon example.