To access the Multi Number Spare (MSP) page from the Landing page or any page, you can select the Menu icon (in the upper left corner), the “System Automation” menu item, the “Automation Request Input (ARI)” sub-menu item and then “Multi Number Spare (MSP)” sub sub-menu item. Once the “Multi Number Spare (MSP)” sub sub-menu item has been selected, the MSP page will be displayed.
The MSP Request Type, which is available on the ARI page, provides you with the capability to change the status of Toll-Free Numbers (TFNs) to Spare for an entire set (subject to a limit) of TFNs in a single request. These TFNs to be Spared can either be manually entered or uploaded in an Excel workbook. Only TFNs in Reserved or Transitional status can be changed to Spare status. TFNs in other status cannot be changed to a Spare status and will be rejected.
For the current MSP limitations, please refer to the System Parameter Handling (SPH) page. From the Menu, select the “General System Administration” menu item and then the “System Parameter Handling (SPH)” sub-menu item. Once the SPH page is displayed, select the “General Parameters” type from the “Parameter Type” drop down menu and then select the “Retrieve” button.
On the ARI page, to complete an MSP request, you must:
- Select the “Multi Number Spare (MSP)” Request Type from the drop down menu.
- For the Toll-Free Numbers field, you can enter a list of TFNs separated by commas, copy and paste a list of TFNs in a single column or upload an Excel workbook (.xls, .xlsx, or .csv) with the list of TFNs in a single column.
- Enter a request description. This is a required field.
- Enter an email address for notification when the request has been completed. This is an optional field. If omitted, the notification for job completion will be sent to the email address in the your profile and it will be available on the Bulk / Automation Message Center (BMC) page.
- Select the “Submit” button when ready to send the request.
- A Request ID is generated by the TFNRegistry™ when the request is submitted. It is displayed at the top of the page with “Request XXX Submitted Successfully. Notification email will be sent on request completion”. The “XXX” will be a unique Request ID number for this request that will enable you to locate the results for this request on the BMC page.
For more information on the MSP page's fields, descriptions, and their valid values, please click here, or here for more information on how to use the Acting As feature for the MSP page, or here for a Download Icon example, or here for a Print Icon example.