The Scheduled Search feature allows you to automate and run the search results. This will be run every time you log into the TFNRegistry™ or as specified by you. This feature enables you to automatically reserve a Toll-Free Number (TFN) whenever the specified scheduled search is run and a spare TFN has been found. You will be notified through email (i.e. your email address that is located in the User Control (URC) page). You can login to the account and reserve the spare TFN. To schedule the recurring search, you must provide the following information:
- Date and time to start
- Date and time to cease
- Day of week
- Time of day
For parameter details on the "Scheduled" button, please click here, and/or here for field descriptions and their valid values.
To schedule a search:
- On the Number Search and Reserve (NUS) page, after the "Saved" search has run successfully then you can select the “Schedule” button in the "Results" portion and the Schedule Searches pop-up window will be displayed. Please Note: You can schedule maximum of 5 TFNs.
- Select the check box to the left of the TFN to enable all the fields.
- Select the Start and End Date with the “Calendar” icon.
- Select the Time from the drop down menu.
- Select the Notify/Auto-Reserve options from the drop down menu. By selecting the “Notify”, you will be notified and when “Reserve” is selected, you will be notified and the TFN will be reserved.
- Select the “Submit” button.
- Once all the information is entered, a message, “Scheduled Searches Successfully” will be displayed at the top of the page.
To update the Scheduled Searches:
- Select the “My Searches” icon on the NUS page and the "My Searches" pop-up window will be displayed.
- Select the check box to the left of the desired TFN to enable all the fields.
- You can edit the Start and End Date using the “Calendar” icon, Time and Notify/Auto-Reserve options from the drop down menu.
- Once the information is updated, select the “Save” button. A message, “Scheduled Searches Updated Successfully” will be displayed at the top of the page.
- Select the “Delete” button to delete a scheduled search.
- Close My Searches pop-up window to return to the page.
Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.