The Toll-Free Subscriber of a Toll-Free Number (TFN) can move their number from one Responsible Organization (Resp Org) company to another Resp Org company. This Resp Org change can be accomplished using one of two options. The first option involves a "friendly port" Resp Org Change, which may be completed by the Controlling (current, old) Resp Org. To complete a "friendly port" Resp Org Change on a TFN not under your Resp Org ID, you will need to submit the Resp Org Change request for any TFN that requires a valid Letter of Agency (LOA) to complete the port request on the TFNRegistry™ (tfnregistry.somos.com) via the Resp Org Change (ROC) System. The use of the ROC System became mandated as of June 30, 2017; as required by the TFNRegistry™ Functions Tariff which is on file with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). If you would like to utilize the ROC System, please select the "Resp Org Change Tools" section within the TFNRegistry and then select the "ROC Submit Request (RSB)" sub menu item. Once the page is displayed, enter the required information and then select the "Submit" button to submit a ROC request to the Controlling Resp Org. It is important to know that access to the "Resp Org Change Tools" section within the TFNRegistry is permission based. If you do not have access to this section, please contact your Primary Contact and/or Company Administrator(s) for assistance.
For more information on completing a ROC request via the ROC System within the TFNRegistry, please review the, "Resp Org Change System User Guide".
The second option for completing the Resp Org Change is accomplished by an authorized user of the Submitting (new) Resp Org escalating the request to the Help Desk after submitting the Resp Org Change request through the ROC System. If the Controlling Resp Org has not responded to the Resp Org Change request or declined it within 2 business days within the ROC System, the Submitting Resp Org will have an opportunity to escalate the request to the Help Desk. Please Note: Business days do not start on the day of the submission but the day following. Weekends and specific Holidays are currently excluded). All Resp Org Change requests submitted to the Help Desk requires a valid LOA signed by the end user acknowledging their desire to change their number to the Submitting Resp Org. When submitting the Resp Org Change Help Desk Intervention (ROC HDI) (also known as an HDI) request, the Submitting Resp Org acknowledges the current tariff rate for each TFN changed during the request.
Please Note: An HDI request may be submitted directly to the Help Desk via the TFNRegistry if:
- It falls under Chapter 3.2.7 of the Industry Guidelines for the Toll-Free Number Administration document;
- It falls under special circumstances. For more information on these special circumstances, please click here;
- It is classified as a Special Number (e.g. BRCUD, BRDUP, BRRCC, BRDXX, etc.).
The following are Help Desk requirements when submitting an HDI request:
- Only a TFN(s) with the status Expired, Declined (Except decline reason codes 21 - This TFN belongs to a Port Restricted Resp Org and 22 - TFN is already in control by your organization) or Overdue can be included in such request.
- TFN controlled by XXX99 Resp Org can also be included in such requests.
- There is a tariff fee associated with each TFN submitted to the Help Desk for processing. Please review the TFNRegistry™ Functions Tariff for the current rates.
- Only a Resp Org's Primary Contact, Company Admin(s) and/or a user with Special Approver with permissions to the HDI request will be able to submit the ROC request to the Help Desk for processing. If you do not have this permission, you will receive an error message, “Permission Denied. No permissions to perform the operation for the requested Resp Org Unit.” when attempting to submit the ROC request to the Help Desk for processing. If you require this permission, please contact your Primary Contact and/or Company Administrator(s) for further assistance.
- You can also remove the TFNs from Help Desk processing by removing the TFNs listed in the textbox or by using “Download” option and “Upload” option.
- At least one option from LOA verification method must be selected. For more information regarding the Help Desk's LOA requirements, please click here.
- Please Note: The LOA cannot be editable when uploaded and attached to a HDI request.
Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.
Please Note: The ROC HDI request will only change the Controlling (current, old) Resp Org ID of the TFN; the carrier will not be updated.
For additional information on guidelines that the Help Desk team follows for processing HDI requests, please click here.
After you have completed the required portions of the request, uploaded any attachments as needed, select the “Submit” button to proceed with submitting the request.
Once the request has been received and no errors were found, the Help Desk will process the request in the TFNRegistry and an email notification will be sent to the submitter of the request.