In the "LOA Verification Method" portion of a Resp Org Change Help Desk Intervention (ROC HDI) (also known as HDI) request within the TFNRegistry™ (tfnregistry.somos.com), you will be able to select your verification method and attach the Letter of Agency (LOA). At least one of the LOA verification methods must be selected.
A Letter of Agency (LOA) must accompany each TFN listed on a HDI request that is submitted to the Help Desk. The Submitting Resp Org is responsible for ensuring the validity of the LOA (see section 3.2.3 of the Industry Guidelines for the Toll-Free Number Administration document). Each LOA must include 4 elements (Signature/eSignature/PIN, Date, TFNs, and new Resp Org Company information):
- Signature of the end-user/subscriber via Wet Signature, Electronic Signature (eSignature), or PIN (stamped signatures will not be accepted). The Submitting Resp Org is expected to validate the customer-signed LOA.
- If your company is interested in utilizing eSignatures or PIN (Third Party Verification (TPV)), Special Requests must be submitted to the Help Desk via the Somos Portal Website prior to use in the Somos Portal Website or within the TFNRegistry. If you would like to obtain access to the Special Request, please contact your Primary Contact or Company Administrator for assistance. For additional information regarding the requirements for using eSigantures, please click here, or here for more information on TPV requirements.
- Date within the last 30 days from the change date specified on the HDI request.
- TFN(s) to be changed. If you are submitting a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file attachment for a list of more than 15 numbers, please state the words "see attached" with the beginning and ending numbers on the LOA.
- The LOA must be from the new Resp Org’s company. This could include any of the following:
- Letterhead with the new Resp Org’s logo, Company Name/ID, and text that designates the new Resp Org (name or ID) for the respective number. In addition to the text, the Help Desk will accept a line that states, "New Resp Org: New Resp Org name or ID".
- Letterhead from a reseller company, however the text must state that the customer is appointing the respective Resp Org (Company Name or ID) as the assigned Responsible Organization.
- A letter without letterhead is acceptable however the text must state that the customer is appointing the respective Resp Org as the assigned Responsible Organization.
- If a Resp Org ID is used, the Help Desk will validate it against the Entity on the Resp Org Change Help Desk Intervention request.
Additional LOA requirements:
- The LOA cannot contain any movable textboxes, including the 4 elements of the LOA, and all information should be locked on the document and not support moving or editing of the data.
- The LOA may be submitted as a complete scanned image in a Microsoft Word document. The scanned image should not contain any movable textboxes.
- All of this information needs to be on one page unless submitting different LOAs for each TFN; however, each LOA must meet the criteria required listed above.
If the Controlling Resp Org ID ends in 99, you will need to complete the following required fields:
- I am aware that…: If the Controlling Resp Org ID ends in 99, (e.g. XXX99, where XXX represents the first 3 letters of the Resp Org ID code) please place a checkmark before the "I am aware that…" field. Additionally, the first 3 characters of the old Resp Org ID, (e.g. XXX) will automatically be filled in the box in front of the 99 field for you.
Disclaimer: Any images in this article are intended to be used as a guide for educational purposes only and they may differ slightly from the Production Environment.
For additional information on Resp Org ID’s that end in 99, please refer to sections 3.2.6 and 3.2.7 in the "Industry Guidelines for the Toll-Free Number Administration" document.
After you have completed the required portions of the request, uploaded any attachments as needed, select the “Submit” button to proceed with submitting the request.
Once the request has been received and no errors were found, the Help Desk will process the request in the TFNRegistry and an email notification will be sent to the submitter of the request.